A natural, beautiful skin is every woman’s desire! From head to toe, our skin is the first place our bodies show signs of distress and neglect. Longing for a fair, spotless skin, many of us spend enormously on those expensive facials or plastic surgeries that only worsen the condition further. What many women don’t know is that proper skin care, if practiced daily, can actually reduce the signs of aging and keep that natural, youthful glow intact. Here are 7 such tips that will help you keep your skin all nourished and rejuvenated:
1. Cleanse, Cleanse and Cleanse: A very important, yet often overlooked, skin care basic is to make sure you’re cleansing your face daily. Our skin often picks up the dirt and grime that gets caked onto it and clogs the pores. So washing your face every now and then is thus, the most easiest and important ways to keep your skin naturally beautiful.
2. Use Sunscreen and Antioxidants: Sun does most of the damage to the skin, thus a sunscreen becomes as essential as a toothbrush. Don’t forget to step out without dabbing a sunscreen with appreciable SPF. Protecting your skin from the harmful sun rays, it becomes a must-have in your handbag.
3. Scrub and Exfoliate: A gentle message to your skin always comes in handy in order to remove any dead skin cells. Removing the germ built up, exfoliating once or twice a week will surely do wonders for skin. Same goes for scrubbing, but make sure you are gentle with that!
4. Moisturize: Serve to your skin’s moisture thirst with an effective moisturiser. Our skin is susceptible to dryness which is always a turn off, thus go for a moisturiser that will keep your skin all hydrated and brightened while removing the sign of ageing. A must-have in winters, it should be applied at least twice a day.
5. Wear Sunglasses: Trust me, sunglasses don’t just affect your eyes but skin as well. Sparing you from those fine lines and crow’s-feet, sunglasses are totally skin-friendly! Go for a pair with 99 percent UVA and UVB protection, and use them all year long. Remember, snow reflects 80 percent of UV rays, nearly doubling overall exposure.
6. Eat Well: Your eating habits not only affect your figure, but skin as well. Eating healthy food will naturally lend that desired glow to the skin. Omega-3 fatty acids found in salmon and walnuts fight wrinkle-causing inflammation; citrus fruits and spinach enhance collagen production; and lycopene, found in tomatoes and pink grapefruit, protects against sun damage. Make sure you add green vegetables to your meals.
7. Drink a lot of Water: You must be familiar with this one and it actually works! Water is the purest liquid you can give to your body, so be sure to drink between 8 and 12 glasses each and every day! It will help rejuvenate your skin by hydrating it from the inside out, and will also rid your body of toxins.
(Contributed by Salony Anand)