Women usually complain about how spending hefty amounts on those expensive shampoos and conditioners doesn’t lend the desired results! Including excessive proportions of those harmful chemicals, these hair care products still fail to cut down those ‘bad-hair days’. So, why not adopt something that is more natural and yes, economic too? Well, you will truly be pleased to know about these simple homemade hair care recipes that will surely add new life to your hair! So just apply these once and feel the difference!
For dull, dry hair
- Take 1 ripe banana, blend it in ½ cup curd. Apply this mask and leave it for 30 minutes and wash off with mild shampoo. You will almost forget that you ever had dry hair.
- Take 3 tablespoons of Alma (Indian gooseberry) powder, 3 table spoon of henna powder and 3 tablespoons of shikakai powder. Soak all the powders overnight in ½ cup water. In the morning add ½ cup curd and 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Mix 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar with 3/4 cup water. Apply it to your hair after shampoo and leave it for 3 minutes. Then lightly rinse your hair with slightly warm water.
For damaged hair
- Mix juice of 1 lemon with 2 egg yolks, 1 egg white and 1 tablespoons honey. Apply it to your hair and wash it off after 10 minutes.
- Mash 1 ripe avocado with enough coconut milk to form a reasonable consistency and apply it to your hair. Wrap your hair in a towel or shower cap and wash it off after 30 minutes.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of castor oil with 1 egg yolk. Apply it to your hair and wash it off after 20 minutes.
For dandruff-free hair
- Soak 3 tablespoon of fenugreek seeds (methi) in water over night. In the morning make a thick paste of fenugreek and add it to 1 cup beaten curd. Apply the hair mask and leave it for 45 minutes and wash off with a mild shampoo. Do this once a week regularly and your dandruff worries will surely come to an end.
- Use hot olive or sesame oil on the scalp before bedtime. Next morning, rub little lime juice on your scalp one hour prior to bathing. Wash and rinse your hair well.
- A solution of beetroot juice, vinegar and some ginger juice, when applied on the scalp helps to get rid of dandruff.
For hair fall
- Take 1 cup coconut milk. You can make it at home or buy a ready pack. Add 4-5 drops of peppermint oil. Cut and empty 2 vitamin E capsules into the mix. Apply the hair mask and leave it for about 30 minutes. This will certainly reduce you hairfall, unless you have a very severe health conditions.
- Prepare a thick paste by mixing one table spoon each of amla powder and lemon juice. If required, add some water to make the paste smooth. Apply it to the hair regularly for one month.
- Buy amla oil or you can make it by boiling amla in coconut oil. Once you have the oil, rub it in your hair all the way to the roots. Leave in for couple of hours, then shampoo out.
The above, easy to prepare recipes will definitely put an end to your hair woes. Remember, hitting the panic button or spending limitlessly on those ineffective hair care products won’t help you much.
But these recipes will surely amaze you with their quick, effective and long lasting results. So, why to slack off? Try them today!
(Contributed by Salony Anand)