Everyone wants to remove unwanted hair. Personal care aisles and beauty stores offer plethora of hair removing options, and to give an unbiased judgment on the best and effective hair removing option is a challenge. This article will highlight pros and cons of popular hair removal methods.
No matter whether you are a woman who frequents boardroom, or an executive who handles top-notch clients or a college-goer, you want an unblemished skin free of unwanted hair. Getting rid of those unwanted hair is an inescapable task every month! But thank the technology for offering an array of hair removal options.
Let us just review merits and demerits of popular hair removal methods.
- Lasts up to two weeks and sometimes longer, making it comparatively hassle free.
- Over time waxing can slow down hair growth, definitely an added plus.
- When the hair does grow back, it grows back in thinner, and finer.
- Smoother, cleaner results. Waxing gets rid of the hair right from the root and also removes a layer of dead skin leaving it looking fresh and smooth.
- Procedure is painful and is known to cause redness, small bumps or even burns to those with more sensitive skin.
- The need to wait weeks for it to grow out enough for your next trip.
- Sometime causes ingrown hair.
- The most expensive out of all the other options available
- Simple, quick and painless method
- Can be done anytime and anywhere. A perfect option for those last minute party invites when it’s a little too late to book a waxing appointment.
- Totally inexpensive
- It only gives short term results. It requires to be done on almost day-to-day, basis.
- Can cause razor nicks or even irritate the skin leaving angry red marks and causes ingrown hair.
- Since it just cuts the hair instead of pulling it out from the root, the hair tends to grow back quickly.
- Hair turns thick and spiky after repeated shaving.
Hair Removal Creams:
- Leaves legs smoother for longer, as compared to shaving.
- Easy, painless method, which requires little to no effort.
- Doesn’t lead to ingrown hair.
- Effects don’t last as long as they do for waxing or using an epilator.
- Hair removal creams are full of chemicals, we might not prove good for skin.
- Depilatory creams are temporary, and they dissolve only the hair above the skin’s surface.
- Pulls hair out from the root just like waxing, which means the hair stays gone for two weeks or more.
- Easy to use and you can use it at home and at anytime, even at short notice.
- Doesn’t cause cuts or burns unlike waxing and shaving.
- No side effects.
- Cheaper than waxing but with the same results.
- It’s completely fuss free. No sticky wax and strips.
- Takes a lot of time and effort.
- Causes ingrown hair if not done properly.
- Bad quality epilators will not last and might break early, becoming a waste of money (so invest wisely).
- Noisy as compared to others
Laser Hair Removal
- Permanent. Just one shot and you are done forever! No more trips to salon!
- Can be used to permanently remove large areas of hair.
- The treatment is quite expensive.
- There can be side effects that can range from itching or swelling to more serious ones like burning, skin discoloration, blistering and infection.
- May not produce satisfactory results for those with lighter hair or darker skin tones.
Thus, you have a variety of options to select from when it comes to hair removal methods. While some quickly remove hair from large body parts, the others offer slow but precise hair removing option. Some also provide permanent hair removing solution.